Thursday, February 16, 2012

Update :)

YAY!!! Well it's been awhile since my appt. I had it last week on Wednesday and it went really well. I was surprised with an ultrasound that I didn't know I was getting and boy was I excited. Of course there were thoughts of the unthinkable which was, there wouldn't be a heartbeat, but I quickly dismissed those thoughts and put my faith in God and his mighty power. My midwife said not to be alarmed if we don't find a heartbeat, because sometimes that happens (that didn't make me feel to great) but, as soon as she touched my belly, there it was! She said "well never mind because there it is!" My husband and I were over the moon at this point. This made our hearts soar! It was our baby :)
Next our midwife brought in the ultrasound machine, and said are you ready to see your baby? I was like YES!! OF COURSE!! This proved to be easier said than done. It was getting my a little worried but, the midwife was having some trouble finding the baby. After a good 2 minutes or so she finally found him/her but within seconds lost him/her again. She said the baby was so active that it was really hard to catch him/her. I laughed because that's exactly what they said about my son. They actually asked me if I had drank soda or ate sugar before the ultrasound because he would not stop moving. I was like greeeeat, I guess I only make hyper children. hahaha. How interesting considering I never had caffeine with any of my pregnancies, and was very aware of my sugar and sweets. haha. oh well. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this baby turns out to know for sure, but back to the ultrasound. We were there for another 2 or 3 minutes and she finally got a great shot of the baby and she figured, well, I can't get a still shot so we'll just watch the baby for a few minutes. Wow, I was floored, we watched our baby punch, kick, turn, dance and squiggle around and it was the most beautiful thing ever. I had to hold back the tears because I was just soooo happy. It was beyond words watching our baby right there on the screen. *sigh* I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it. I'm so grateful that God has blessed us with this child and I'm soooo thankful for technology like this that would allow us to enjoy the sight of our child before birth. God does amazing things and this child is amazing in every way and I can't wait to meet him/her and hold them in my arms.
March 9th we are going to find out the sex of the baby, so I'm sure that post will be all kinds of long and probably have a picture of the baby since we couldn't get a good shot from this last ultrasound, it's just a picture of his/her spine and a slight portion of the face in the other. haha.
I hope to get back to posting some other things I've been getting into lately, but until then. Have a great rest of the week!!

No comments: