Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Getting back into the swing of things, after a horrible week of eating out, thank goodness we are getting back to normal and making dinners again. I mean don't get me wrong, eating out is pretty fantastic because it's no work at all, but after doing it a couple days in a row, it loses it's spark. We were eating out alot because I was recovering from bed rest and while I was actually on bed rest my parents were here cooking meals everyday. But when I started to get back to doing stuff on my own, my husband didn't want me to cook..so his solution, let's go out. hahah. Love him for trying.

So let's see, we're gonna go with a few favorites this week. My husband is kinda picky so I have to spring things on him by surprise otherwise he'll protest it. Which is al ot harder now, because he wants to be apart of the meal planning now. Can't say I don't enjoy that, but I see him wanting to pick the same things over and over. Is that a guy thing?

Monday : Taco Soup 
Tuesday : Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies
Wednesday: Apricot Glazed Chicken Drumsticks with salad
Thursday : Coconut Ginger Chicken with quinoa
Friday : Creamy Corn and Shrimp Chowder with corn bread
Saturday : Tuna and Fig Wraps (Recipe below)
Sunday : My son's 5th birthday, dinner out!!

I found this recipe in my All For You magazine awhile back and it sounded amazing, so I'm gonna try it and see how it goes.

Tuna and Figs Wrap
Prep:
15min
Serves: 6
Ingredients:1 5.3 oz container 2% Greek yogurt, honey flavored
1 tsp lemon zest
Pepper
1 12oz can solid white tuna in water, drained
2/3 cup quartered dried figs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1 rip celery, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 scallions thinly sliced
3 cups mixed salad greens
6 10 inch multi grain wraps

Directions:Combine yogurt and lemon zest in a medium bowl and season with pepper. Stir in flaked tuna, figs, walnuts, celery, parsley, and scallions. Place 1/2 cup salad greens on each wrap and divide tuna mixture equally on top. Roll and serve.

1 comment:

Justine said...

Stopping by from the FRIDAY BLOG AND GOOGLE + HOP! http://queenofsavings.com