Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Since you've been gone..

So what have I been up to since I've been gone? Well last I shared that we found out we were pregnant, and surely enough, right after announcing that, morning sickness or more like all day sickness set in. It was twice as bad as I remember it being with my first pregnancy. Nausea all day, vomiting, loss of appetite, it was all across the board. I barely had the energy to take care of my son and nothing else. I was doing the bare minimum of everything and I hated it. I can't stand for one, not being in control of my body, and two, feeling like I'm not doing my part. But I am so thankful, and grateful that God blessed me with first, patience, and second, an amazing husband who cared for me and nurtured me in my time of need. He is such an amazing man of God and the best husband and father I could ever ask for. His ability to work 10 to 11 hours some days then come home and help me with house work and our son was breath taking. Of course he knew it would be short lived (Which I'm sure he's grateful for) haha, because even though at my worst, I would think to myself, "Will this ever go away", yes indeed it will and it did. It's all temporary. Since Saturday morning I've been feeling pretty amazing! Well I guess compared to what it was. It's not back to normal by any means but, I can function now!! I'm so happy!!! Having even the littlest bit of energy is a huge step forward! On Monday I even started working out again! My body is going to be grateful for that, and I bet the baby loves the Zumba music. haha.
Besides baby news, we had great family time over the holidays, although I was sick through most of it, I did my best to enjoy it. In January, the pacific northwest got a little bit of a surprise. We had a pretty bad snow storm come our way, now mind you, those who live on the east coast would definitely call us wimps for this storm, but the northwest is not made for conditions like these! haha. 6-7 inches of snow followed by freezing rain that covered everything in an inch of ice! Not good. Tons of people were without power and others had property damage from all the split trees that couldn't hold all the ice. It was not good in that aspect. But it was great in the way that my husband got to stay home with us for almost half a week!! Although it was kind of a cabin fever type of vacation, it was a vacation at that!! hah. It's that kind of weather that made me realize why God gave us hot cocoa! hah.
Now to follow with pictures, the fun part of this post!

 This was exciting, this is the first year that Cody actually wanted to go out in the snow. Every year prior to this one, he was fine with standing in it, but didn't want it touching his hands in anyway, which of course is the best way to play in snow!!

 Well, he picked a great year to want to touch snow! We had sooo much of it, we built snowmen, forts, and had tons of snowball fights!
 Yes, mommy took the time to crush ice and kick snow with her feet for a whole half hour to create this heart with M+L in it. haha. Hope my husband enjoyed that! haha.

 As you can see, he quickly had a favorite activity, that would make him squeal with delight! That's my brother being the victim of the snowball.
 That's him squealing with laughter.
 The more he grows, the more his little personality just amazes me. I tend to think to myself alot, this kid is pretty fun to be around, if he wasn't mine, I would definitely hangout with him, he's a riot!!! haha
 Snow play was followed up with lots of warm train play.
 I love his imagination and creativity. Every time he plays with this train track there are all kinds of adventures to be had. He loves to take pieces of the track off as the train is going and see if he can "Fix" the problem before it gets there. Sometimes he makes it, sometimes he doesn't.

I'm very grateful for my little man. He is one sharp tool. Everyday there is something new that he teaches me and something new that amazes me about him. He's going to be an amazing big brother.
That's all for now. School has been happening here and there but I definitely didn't take the time to take photos, so we'll probably start those up soon. I'm also working on some more free printables and other little goodies so those should be up later as well. Until next time, have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Fun and beautiful pics!

Newest follower from Welcome Wednesday!

www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com