So friends, I am very excited to share the first product of my new sewing journey!! It's my first fitted cloth diaper!! I made this one last night using some left over fabrics I had on hand. I've made 2 trips to Joann's already for tons of super cute fabrics so you will definately be seeing those soon. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I started using the cute stuff :)
For this being my first time, I think I did rather well!! I learned that I need to make the hole (to turn fabric inside out/right side out) in the front so that I can do the elastic along the back side seam allowance. I also learned that I want to double up on cotton flannel, on atleast 1 side. I also need to add one more layer of absorbency. I think watching all those youtube videos really paid off!! haha. We used the pattern from Darling Diapers, it's the newborn one and it's FREE!! It worked really well for us!
So this diaper consists of a layer of cotton flannel on the outside, a layer of cotton knit on the inside, and 2 pieces of microfiber terry for the soaker. We also plan on sewing velcro on the cute ones, I didn't want to waste velcro since it's not cheap (Because we got colored velcro) and sewing velcro on, really isn't a challange.
So all in all, I think the second one will be much better and I can't wait to share the rest of the stash we create!! I'm also working on burp clothes, bibs, a quilted blanket, and some cloth wipes. I'm going to be busy, busy, busy!!!