Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday...already?


So last week, not as successful as I thought I would be. I didn't make dinner every night, because my awesome husband made time for me to go to the gym instead, he knows how much I enjoy it and how I will always give it up in a heart beat to do things for them. So the items that did get done, let's talk about those.
 Monday- Trader Joe's Pizza (Cheese, Salami and Pineapple) W/ Salad
This was delicious as usual. It takes like 30 minutes start to finish and feels like we ordered in. But without the guilt! Mmmm.

Tuesday- Caramel Apple Pork Chops W/ Corn
These were sooo easy, I really almost thought it couldn't be true, so I figure somethings gotta give, I thought it would be the flavor, but nope! This was all around one of the most awesome things I've ever tasted. We NEVER eat pork, simply because I don't know how to cook it. So now, I have a favorite and I'm hooked! This was also an all around crowd pleaser. The only problem, was that my son loved the taste, but didn't like they way the apples looked, once they were cooked. hahah.

Wednesday- Bagel Pizzas W/ Fruit
Yes, this was one of the nights that my husband wanted me to go workout, so I agreed. He was actually really excited about the Bagel Pizza idea and since it was the fasted dinner ever (12 minutes) I didn't feel like I was leaving him to go hungry. Both my husband and son love these soo much, they asked for them again the next night!

Thursday- Bagel Pizzas! Told you they loved them!

Friday- Crock Pot Orange Chicken

So this was the failed recipe of the week. I really had high hopes for this one, and was so proud of myself for getting this ready in the morning at the same time that I was making Home Made Chicken Nuggets for Cody's lunch. The nuggets came out fine, but Cody wasn't a fan, I've normally used the recipe from Weelicious.com for her chicken on a stick, to make my chicken nuggets, so I thought I would change it up. Cody perferred the corn flake covering instead. So the Crock pot was set, and we left for the day...only to come home to a black pot of gross...I followed the recipe exactly, so I have no idea what happened! It was a total loss and I was kinda bummed. Luckily I had a scrapbook night out with a friend and she was making dinner so I won't have to go hungry, as for my son and husband, well my son ate maccoroni and cheese and my husband just threw something together :( I ate stewed tomatoes over chicken with white rice and salad :) Yum!

So this week looks like an attempt to finish out the rest of the list.
Monday- Turkey Nachos!
Tuesday- Apricot Glazed Chicken

Wednesday- Caramel Apple Pork Chops (Still have more pork chops to use up)Thursday- Teryaki Chicken
Friday- Butternut Squash Soup w/ Curried Rice & Vegetables and Half a Turkey Sandwich
I can't find the products online, but I will take pics this week when I can, it's from Trader Joes and it turns out amazing!





 

No comments: