Monday, July 12, 2010

Completing Him Challenge


I came across this challenge from Women Living Well Blog and thought it would be nice to try. Every marriage can use some help :) These are the last weeks I missed and I'm going to do them all to catch up :)


June 7 - announce to your readers you are participating by posting the button on your site and leaving your link below. Optional: Embed the HTML from this video in your blog post!







June 14 – Post Pictures from your dating days (or tell us all about it!). Think about one thing you used to do or have as a couple that you have lost in the shuffle of life. How can you regain it?


One of the things we used to do every weekend was go to shows (Concerts). 1. Because we loved local music and had tons of friends in that scene  2. Because Buddy was in band while we were dating the first 4 years we were together. So if we weren't watching bands we liked, he was playing a show.
I don't think it's something we need to regain. But, I know there were alot of other things we did that were special to us and those things we could regain by taking the time to spend time together (Alone). Which is something that we never do. We need to make it a priority and will work to do so.





June 21 - Remember Your Vows - post pictures of your wedding day. We will review the sacredness of this day.



<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3





June 28 - Ask your husband every morning how you can pray for him that day. Bonus: Fast and pray for him one day this week.


I'm doing this one today :) Fasting till 4. Here's the list of things I will be praying from (From "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian)

1. His Wife 2. His Work 3. His Finances 4. His Sexuality 5. His Affections 6. His Temptations 7. His Mind 8. His Fears 9. His Purpose 10. His Choices 11. His Health 12. His Protection 13. His Trials 14. His Integrity 15. His Reputation 16. His Priorities 17. His Relationships 18. His Fatherhood 19. His Past 20. His Attitude 21. His Marriage 22. His Emotions 23. His Walk 24. His Talk 25. His Repentance 26. His Deliverance 27. His Obedience 28. His Self-Image 29. His Faith 30. His Future



July 5 - Admire Your Husband. Write this post and then show it to him! He will smile!

Things that I admire about my husband
1. His relationship with Christ. Since the day we met, his undoubtedly real relationship with God has been inspiring and inviting. His actions speak louder than any words he could ever use. He's an amazing example of a Godly man and he doesn't even know it.
2. His many talents. He has so many talents, I can't even list them all, but one of his favorites is music. His ability to make music with ease is amazing to watch and is one of the things that attracted me to him. He simply shines with God's grace when he plays and uses all of these talents to praise God. It's fascinating to watch him be used by God in such a wonderful way.
3. His wisdom and Knowledge. He is so smart and bright. Again, with all the humbleness in the world. He takes information in at an amazing rate and never forgets any of it. He's always curious about things he doesn't know about but, is never intimidated of the unknown. This also includes his bible knowledge.
4. His Self Control. He has the most self control, I've ever seen in a person. Since I am Hispanic (Not that it's an excuse), we tend to be known for our tempers and well...in my family it's not that bad, but we can get worked up, a little easier than most. So to see how different he was and how he dealt with situations that would make most people loose it, he would be calm and focused and smart. I love it and have learned so much from him. I love that my son gets to see what a real man does when faced with adversity.
5. His Selflessness. Weather he realizes it or not, he is very selfless. He always puts our needs, the needs of family and friends above his own. He is always willing to sacrifice something he wanted to do, to do something for someone else. He does it every day that he works and will work more hours without hesitation in order to let me be home with our son.
6. His Loyalty. The way he shows his loyalty is through his priorities. He comes straight home after work everyday to be with his family, he uses his breaks to call me multiple times throughout his day to ask how my day is going and tell me he loves me. He loves to be apart of everything I do and wants to be involved no matter how ridiculous!
7. His Dedication. He's not one to give up and will easily push through adversity. He is courageous and strong. He is driven and is full of passion.
8. His Fathering. Although this area has seen some complaints, I think it's only because I, myself feel inadequate sometimes. Because truly and honestly he makes me so proud. He is amazing with our son and children in general. I really had no idea what to expect when we were dating. I had no idea how perfect he would be for the job. He was blessed with this natural ability with be a caring, gentle, thoughtful, loving and a creative father! He's definitely the favorite parent! haha But, I'm so grateful for that! Seeing such an amazing bond between father and son is heartwarming.

I think this list could go on for days :)
Because I just want to list all the little things that really make me smile everyday. He is so special to me and I feel so blessed that he chose me to be his wife. He chose me to have a family with. He chose me for the rest of his life :*)

 


July 12 - Make a list of 5 things you currently do and ask him to prioritize them for you of what is important to him. For example - a clean home, home cooked dinner, coupon clipping, service at church, having friends over for dinner, watching/doing sports with him, etc.
Clean the House, Home school our son, Cook Dinner, Serve at Church, Visit My Parents



No comments: